International Women’s Day Began in 1911 in Austria, Denmark, Germany and Switzerland
International Women’s Day began during the industrial revolution – a time of great chaos, population growth, and the forefront of the women’s rights movement. In 1908, 15,000 women marched through New York City demanding shorter work hours, better pay and the right to vote.
A little over 100 years later, International Women’s Day is celebrated all over the world. On March 8, 2011, The WIN celebrated by presenting 377 live events in 152 countries.
March 8, 2013: Paula Fellingham, CEO of The WIN, flew to Singapore for International Women’s Day. A Global Women’s Summit, hosted by Azeeza Jalaludeen was promoted as “A NEW Beginning to MANY social projects & programs to be launched for women & their families, to follow through and shine together, with/for our nation.”
At the Global Women’s Summit, adaptability for women was the main topic of discussion.
Addressing issues of adaptability for women in singapore:
- Adapting to go back to workforce
- Adapting to being a stay-at-home mom &/or be mom-preneur
- Adapting to being in a new country, moving into Singapore for/with family – children/husband OR as a student/professional
- Adapting to environmental issues – Going Green
- Adapting to being single mother
- Adapting to being in a Collaborative Model in the 21st Century
Some highlinghts of the day – lots of fun & celebration!
Exciting Line of Inspirational Global Professional Speakers with Hands-on Interactive Learning Sessions, GWS Outstanding Women Awards, Dance Numbers, Entertainment, Lucky Draw Prizes, Networking Session, Great offers & deals at our products/services booths & Announcements of various following programs of The WIN in Singapore, Much, Much More….
A few meaningful collaborative programs & forums that will launched at the event:
- Miss Christie Khoo on the Reach-out Single Mothers Project
- Miss Preeti Dharbar on Eco-Friendly Environment/Homes Forums
- Sponsorships for massage trainings & other skills /entrepreneurship programs, especially for the lower income families
Full day of learning & sharing with interactive With Local & International Professionals in Business
- March 9th 2013 @ 10am – 5pm
- Venue: Singapore Polytechnic Guildhouse. Dover Road, Gate 4